-
Senior Member
registered user
My mount points are /mnt/sda, /mnt/sdb1, /mnt/sdc, and /mnt/sdd. These were allready there.
sda and sdd, I don't care about, they are the memory stick and smart media slots respectively, I don't use that kind of card. sdb is listed with a 1 because there was a card there durrnig my most recent reinstall, so it saw that there was one partition, it's entries are the same as the ones for knoppix via CD. sdc has everything but mounting set to auto in the fstab, so which ever is correct, "should" work.
as root, I entered
mount -t auto /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1
response was "mount: /dev/sdb1 is not a valid block device"
Then I tried
mount -t auto /dev/sdc /mnt/sdb
response was "mount: /dev/sdc is not a valid block device"
This is the same error I get when trying to mount with kde or with that block mounter app that sits in the tray.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
VeeDubb
My moutn points are /mnt/sda, /mnt/sdb1, /mnt/sdc, and /mnt/sdd. These were allready there.
sda and sdd I don't care about, they are the memory stick and smart media slots respectively, I don't use that kind of card. sdb is listed with a 1 because there was a card there durrnig my most recent reinstall. it's entries are the same as theones for knoppic via CD. sdc has everything but mounting et to auto in the fstab, so which ever is corrct, "should" work.
as root, I entered
mount -t auto /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1
response was "mount: /dev/sdb1 is not a valid block device"
Then I tried
mount -t auto /dev/sdc /mnt/sdb
response was "mount: /dev/sdc is not a valid block device"
This is the same error I get when trying to mount with kde or with that block mounter app that sits in the tray.
I got an idea ...
I think knoppix uses an automounter for accessing this devices ...
Perhaps you could start that and see if it helps (as root):
/etc/init.d/autofs start
I dunno if this can help, but if you are brave (dunno what can happen, but I think nothing bad) you can reuse knoppix-autoconfig.
This would be then (as root):
/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
(Then it does normal auto-configuration, perhaps then the right usb-module/program is loaded)
cu
Fabian
-
Senior Member
registered user
THanks for the clever tip. Ill try that and post back. I've got some errands to run, but I'll post it this evening. Also, as easy as it is to reinstal koppix, don'tknow what I'd be scared about. As ong as I don't have to reinstal my nvidia drivers.....
-
Senior Member
registered user
The first command you posted didn't do anything and the autoconfigure ran, but did not work. THanks anyway. Still trying...
-
Senior Member
registered user
hm..

Originally Posted by
VeeDubb
The first command you posted didn't do anything and the autoconfigure ran, but did not work. THanks anyway. Still trying...
Hm, could you post complete dmesg output ? (I know its huge, but could help; dmesg is a program)
cu
Fabian
-
Hi !
I've a multi reader/writer from sitecom: my problem was that i could access only CompactFlash in /dev/sda1
I found somewhere in this forum that you have a parameter about luns to pass:
max_scsi_luns=4
You can add it to your append of lilo
Your memory stick will be the last device, if compact flash is /dev/sda (exactly /dev/sda1)
the memory stick will be /dev/sdd (/dev/sdd1)
The problem is that knoppix detect the first scsi luns but not the other
I hope it'll work for you...
-
Senior Member
registered user
With Knoppix 3.3, it is no longer neccessary to patch ipaq.c. You can now simply use:
Code:
sudo insmod usbserial
sudo insmod ipaq vendor=0x3340 product=0x3326
# use your PDA's own IDs instead
Similar Threads
-
By Highland in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 03:53 PM
-
By xSauronx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 03:59 PM
-
By joeguitar99 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 09:40 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2003, 06:39 AM
-
By hugowett in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard
$38.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home
$16.99

Powerffy Cordless Vacuum Cleaner N10 400W/30Kpa Power Nozzle Head Assembly.
$39.99

Compressed Air Duster Small Vacuum 130000RPM 2in1 Electric
$50.88

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15