Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: 24 days and a few problems left.

  1. #21
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    177
    My mount points are /mnt/sda, /mnt/sdb1, /mnt/sdc, and /mnt/sdd. These were allready there.

    sda and sdd, I don't care about, they are the memory stick and smart media slots respectively, I don't use that kind of card. sdb is listed with a 1 because there was a card there durrnig my most recent reinstall, so it saw that there was one partition, it's entries are the same as the ones for knoppix via CD. sdc has everything but mounting set to auto in the fstab, so which ever is correct, "should" work.

    as root, I entered
    mount -t auto /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1
    response was "mount: /dev/sdb1 is not a valid block device"

    Then I tried
    mount -t auto /dev/sdc /mnt/sdb
    response was "mount: /dev/sdc is not a valid block device"

    This is the same error I get when trying to mount with kde or with that block mounter app that sits in the tray.

  2. #22
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb
    My moutn points are /mnt/sda, /mnt/sdb1, /mnt/sdc, and /mnt/sdd. These were allready there.

    sda and sdd I don't care about, they are the memory stick and smart media slots respectively, I don't use that kind of card. sdb is listed with a 1 because there was a card there durrnig my most recent reinstall. it's entries are the same as theones for knoppic via CD. sdc has everything but mounting et to auto in the fstab, so which ever is corrct, "should" work.

    as root, I entered
    mount -t auto /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1
    response was "mount: /dev/sdb1 is not a valid block device"

    Then I tried
    mount -t auto /dev/sdc /mnt/sdb
    response was "mount: /dev/sdc is not a valid block device"

    This is the same error I get when trying to mount with kde or with that block mounter app that sits in the tray.
    I got an idea ...

    I think knoppix uses an automounter for accessing this devices ...

    Perhaps you could start that and see if it helps (as root):

    /etc/init.d/autofs start

    I dunno if this can help, but if you are brave (dunno what can happen, but I think nothing bad) you can reuse knoppix-autoconfig.

    This would be then (as root):

    /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig

    (Then it does normal auto-configuration, perhaps then the right usb-module/program is loaded)

    cu

    Fabian

  3. #23
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    177
    THanks for the clever tip. Ill try that and post back. I've got some errands to run, but I'll post it this evening. Also, as easy as it is to reinstal koppix, don'tknow what I'd be scared about. As ong as I don't have to reinstal my nvidia drivers.....

  4. #24
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    177
    The first command you posted didn't do anything and the autoconfigure ran, but did not work. THanks anyway. Still trying...

  5. #25
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297

    hm..

    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb
    The first command you posted didn't do anything and the autoconfigure ran, but did not work. THanks anyway. Still trying...
    Hm, could you post complete dmesg output ? (I know its huge, but could help; dmesg is a program)

    cu

    Fabian

  6. #26
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Normandie (France)
    Posts
    31
    Hi !

    I've a multi reader/writer from sitecom: my problem was that i could access only CompactFlash in /dev/sda1

    I found somewhere in this forum that you have a parameter about luns to pass:

    max_scsi_luns=4

    You can add it to your append of lilo

    Your memory stick will be the last device, if compact flash is /dev/sda (exactly /dev/sda1)
    the memory stick will be /dev/sdd (/dev/sdd1)

    The problem is that knoppix detect the first scsi luns but not the other

    I hope it'll work for you...

  7. #27
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    With Knoppix 3.3, it is no longer neccessary to patch ipaq.c. You can now simply use:
    Code:
    sudo insmod usbserial
    sudo insmod ipaq vendor=0x3340 product=0x3326
    # use your PDA's own IDs instead

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. 7 days to clone 250GB HDD - What am I doing wrong?
    By Highland in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 03:53 PM
  2. n00b: dvd drive "gone" buut worked 2 days ago
    By xSauronx in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 03:59 PM
  3. Mouse Left-button pb
    By joeguitar99 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 09:40 AM
  4. Left Image in Kmenu Removal
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2003, 06:39 AM
  5. Spikes on the left side of the screen
    By hugowett in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 10:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$89.99



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM picture

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM

$19.95



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99