-
* V3.2-2003-03-23 (small updates)
- new PCMCIA wireless card entries
- wavelan-ng-modules is back (forgot that in the previous release)
- removed some older/unneeded gnome libraries
- kdevelop seems to create KDE applications again after updating
some KDE-packages from unstable.
-
Re: * V3.2-2003-03-23 (small updates)

Originally Posted by
Tigren
- new PCMCIA wireless card entries
- wavelan-ng-modules is back (forgot that in the previous release)
- removed some older/unneeded gnome libraries
- kdevelop seems to create KDE applications again after updating
some KDE-packages from unstable.
OH MY GOSH
If this has my card....3com Wireless LAN ATMEL Based w/ XJACK antenna I'm going to TRULY LOVE this distribution.
I hope my wireless card works with the new updates....This WILL BE my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE linux ditribution if it does.
Thanks EITHER WAY though for this great version of Linux...Never been able to install Linux this easy in my life.
Here's a thread i posted recommending KNOPPIX on a site I goto
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...hreadid=165299
If its ATMEL support isn't already in this update...i hope you'll look at this site....or i hope someone will figure out how to put this in and let me know how.
http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/
THANKS AGAIN!
-
I have d/led this and tried to use it but I still have a problem with X server not coming up at all. I do have ATI Rage 128 32 Mb video card. I have posted this problem to HDD install forum. I'd like to use ati instead of fbdev xmodule. Any suggestions or possible solutions is appreciated.
Thank you,
mag
-
* V3.2-2003-03-23 (small updates)

Is the file ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/ftp.uni-kl....3-03-24-EN.iso The same as the release that we are discusing here, or something newer/different?
-
I'm reminded of the meaning of the word BETA...because this version of KNOPPIX
Won't EVEN boot on my laptop machine.
But KUDOS for getting OpenOffice.org fixed so quickly...
It won't boot (says boot failed) on my laptop machine but I tried a different machine and it worked.
But something must've changed because it used to boot quite well on that laptop machine before.
But this is an unstable kernel i think so i guess i'll just have to keep waiting for more new releases.
Keep up the GREAT work...
-
Senior Member
registered user
I learned quite a while ago with linux, if an older release works use it.
rock
-

Originally Posted by
RockMumbles
I learned quite a while ago with linux, if an older release works use it.
rock
You're absolutely right on that. I have Libranet2.7 and Knoppix 3.1 November release installed on my HD. They work really great. Good thing is that they are based on Debian. I have recently upgraded both of them to the latest software. But still, I'd like to try out new Linux flavors as they come out.
mag
-
03-24
what is new in the release 03-24 that was released today at ftp.freenet.de mirror?
-Erik
-
Senior Member
registered user
mag,
Good to hear about other Libranet users hanging around here 
I've been using Libranet 1.9 and 2.0 for almost 2 years now. Even used libranet 1.2.x (until I mangled it)
How does Libranet work with your ati card?
Have you tried the XF86Config-4 sw_cursor option in knoppix?
(snip)...
Section "Device"
### Available Driver options are:-
# sw_cursor is needed for some ati and radeon cards
#Option "sw_cursor"
(snip)...
just wondering?
rock
-
Too lazy to install Debian
You get all the convenience and stability of Debian, without all the hassle.
This is my new favorite (hdinstalled) distro!
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 39
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 07:56 PM
-
Replies: 47
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 02:28 PM
-
Replies: 20
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 06:18 PM
-
Replies: 23
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 12:50 AM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 05:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$245.00

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99