-
New User with 3 questions.
Hello:
I am sampling Linux with the Knoppix 3.6 Live cd.
I have 3 basic questions to help me decide if I want to use it or go with the Debian install.
As a first time user I think I adapted fairly well in one day however there are a couple things I can not understand.
1. When I try to save my configuration to floppy it appears to have been saved. However if I click on the floppy icon on the desktop it says the file is not available. Any help with this is appricated.
2. I have an intel based computer with a pci modem. The modem was not found and configured. I did not notice this at first because I was connected the first test on a highspeed through lan.
I decided to connect my external serial modem and it was found just fine. Can anyone tell me why my other moder was not found?
3. Last thing may seem simple but I am just confirming this. I am only testing this on a test computer the first day not my regular machine. I do believe from everything I have read that the program does not touch my hard drive in any manner. I ask because I can read the hard drive and see the contents. Just want to make sure everything is run from ram.
Thanks
Vince
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2005, 11:06 AM
-
By someone28624 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 12:56 AM
-
By tarinja in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-02-2004, 04:55 AM
-
By ishaim in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-27-2004, 06:56 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00