-
Cdrom and USB problems
Hi, I've installed Knoppix on my PC and I can't read from the cdrom or usb. When I mounted it saids that de /dev/cdrom doesn't exist.
How do I create the /dev/cdrom?
The same happens with the USB floppy disk.
Thanks :P
Piki
-
Senior Member
registered user
help with floppy & cdrom
right click on desktop and create new devices.......the icons for floppy and cdrom when knoppix is first installed are just place holders sort of....they really are not ssigned to any device. So right click with cursor on desktop....choose create new device....pick one for cdrom and one for floppy.....when the icons are on desktop try mounting them....put floppy disk in the drive and try a cd out. hope this helps...bob
-
Hi, I've already done it but it saids that I don't have the /dev/cdrom created.
I've created the link as it follows: ln -s /dev/hdb /dev/cdrom
and now I get another error --> mount: the system file is incorrect, incorrect option or incorrect superbloc in /dev/cdrom.
Does anyone know how to solve it?
Cheers.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Your cdrom is probably scd0 or scd1. ln -sf /dev/scd0 /dev/cdrom is what mine is set for. Find that info in the info center K-->System-->info center-->
SCSI. It should be there on the right side. It will say Host: scsi0 ....... or Host: scsi1....
Similar Threads
-
By tonysathre in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 11:23 PM
-
By Knopper12 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:31 AM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:02 PM
-
By budhead in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 05:34 PM
-
By pau in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 05:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung M321R4GA0PB1-CCPWC 32GB 1Rx4 DDR5-6400 PC5-51200 CL52 REG ECC 288p RDIMM
$1599.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung T7 Shield 1tb, Up To 1050mb/s, Usb 3.2 Gen2, Rugged, Ip65 Rated, For
$187.99

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77