Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: scsi hard drive not recognized

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6

    scsi hard drive not recognized

    Knoppix 3.7
    I am a total newbie - this is my first attempt to try Linux/Knoppix.
    I can see my 3 IDE hard drives, but not my SCSI harddrive. What do I miss?
    Thanks in advance

    wa

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    It would help to know more about your system. Do you have a pci scsi adapter card? If that's how you have scsi on your system then is your board recognized?
    There arre several commands you can enter at a shell or terminal to see what's going on with that drive. 1st you could look at the start up messages or log, do "dmesg" at a shell and see if your drive is listed there. Also do "lspci -v" at the shell and see if your card is identified, and you might also do "cat /proc/scsi/scsi"
    One or all of these commands should give you/us more info to work with.
    After we know more we can then determine what driver you need to get the drive recognized.
    Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    Note those commands are entered (typed at the shell) without the quotation marks and then press the enter key.
    Maybe you know that already-but since you said you were new I thought I'd mention it.

    Welcome to the world of linux and knoppix ( my fav distro ).

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for assistance, neon! In the meantime I can access my SCSI drive. I don't have a clue why. I am anyway glad to learn about the commands I can enter at the shell.
    My next problem is how to get to my home net work - no idea. (I can get to the internet). Maxbe I have to open a new topic.

    wa

Similar Threads

  1. CD ROM Drive Not Recognized
    By The Rockologist in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 02:04 AM
  2. scsi hard drives not recognized
    By jmcla in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 01:28 AM
  3. SCSI hard drive detection and Screen resolution
    By Dan Connell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2003, 06:55 PM
  4. Hard disk not properly recognized
    By raperez in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:17 PM
  5. SCSI drive not recognized
    By jmassengill in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2002, 09:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit picture

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit

$44.99



LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold picture

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold

$749.99



Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips picture

Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips

$89.00



Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe picture

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe

$449.99



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D picture

IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D

$219.99