-
scsi hard drive not recognized
Knoppix 3.7
I am a total newbie - this is my first attempt to try Linux/Knoppix.
I can see my 3 IDE hard drives, but not my SCSI harddrive. What do I miss?
Thanks in advance
wa
-
Senior Member
registered user
It would help to know more about your system.
Do you have a pci scsi adapter card? If that's how you have scsi on your system then is your board recognized?
There arre several commands you can enter at a shell or terminal to see what's going on with that drive. 1st you could look at the start up messages or log, do "dmesg" at a shell and see if your drive is listed there. Also do "lspci -v" at the shell and see if your card is identified, and you might also do "cat /proc/scsi/scsi"
One or all of these commands should give you/us more info to work with.
After we know more we can then determine what driver you need to get the drive recognized.
Hope this helps.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Note those commands are entered (typed at the shell) without the quotation marks and then press the enter key.
Maybe you know that already-but since you said you were new I thought I'd mention it.
Welcome to the world of linux and knoppix ( my fav distro ).
-
Thanks for assistance, neon! In the meantime I can access my SCSI drive. I don't have a clue why. I am anyway glad to learn about the commands I can enter at the shell.
My next problem is how to get to my home net work - no idea. (I can get to the internet). Maxbe I have to open a new topic.
wa
Similar Threads
-
By The Rockologist in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-13-2005, 02:04 AM
-
By jmcla in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 01:28 AM
-
By Dan Connell in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-20-2003, 06:55 PM
-
By raperez in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:17 PM
-
By jmassengill in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-11-2002, 09:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5" SATA SSD Solid State Drive MTFDDAK240TCB
$24.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Samsung 512GB PCIe NVMe m.2 SSD Solid State Drive MZVLW512HMJP-000L7 MZ-VLB5120
$51.99

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia
$16.59

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE
$58.99