Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: mplayer plugins...I think I wanna drink too much

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    70

    mplayer plugins...I think I wanna drink too much

    what hair I have left is in serious jeopardy of being pulled out. OK...knoppix 3.6 hd install, I have mplayer installed...works fine for all except streaming video on webpages. have mplayer plugin installed and followed instructions on where to put mplayer plugin.so and xlt but it aint working. would some kind soul please take pity on me and tell me what I am doing wrong. If not, I shall be tempted to over-indulge in my cough medicine and then just stare at this computer screen and slobber on myself.

    thanx

    helios

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    Helios,

    Apt yourself kaffiene & kaffiene-mozilla-plugin, especially if you use kde as your primary desktop. Also most streaming media is in ome MS media format, so you will have to grab also the w32codecs package. That is probably why mplayer fails to play 'em.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    70

    thanx Kelmo

    I'm off to give it a try...although I am half hoping it doesnt work...was looking for an excuse to get itchy.

    lol

    thanx

    helios

Similar Threads

  1. OK I tried it, I love it, now wanna make it perminant...
    By Kesla_koiL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 01:45 PM
  2. I wanna load a module at boot time...
    By tofu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:56 AM
  3. Browser Plugins
    By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 04:29 PM
  4. Soundblaster 16 PCI, anyone wanna walk a newbie through?
    By smiley in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 08:09 AM
  5. Nessus plugins, again....
    By jafo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2003, 11:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD picture

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD

$48.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)

$61.56



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59