Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: A k3b (actually readcd) problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    22

    A k3b (actually readcd) problem

    Hello,

    I have noticed that in Knoppix 3.6 k3b uses readcd to generate disc images while in 3.4 it used cdrdao which worked well. But readcd appears not to work on my computer, even called outside K3b (I guess the change in k3b is not from Knoppix but from KDE - is it so?).
    Worse than that, after trying to read some CD, the CD-ROM (0,1,0) turns for long time and the system becomes very slow. If I stop the program (actually by ejecting the CD) nothing else works and there are Bus (or memory?) error messages, actually, I can't shutdown the system properly and need to run fsck.

    ATAPI:0,0,0 : LG , CD-ROM CRD-8322B, 1.02
    ATAPI:0,1,0 : HL-DT-ST, CD-RW GCE-8400B , 1.02

    Running Knoppix from CD from the first drive. I never had similar problems with cdrdao.
    Any ideas?

    Bye,
    Gencho

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    22
    Well, I have found out that cdrdao isn't always good at writing, sometimes cdrecord works where cdrdao doesn't. But that is offtopic here.

    With readcd I have noticed this difference:

    knoppix$ readcd -scanbus
    scsibus0:
    0,0,0 0) ' LG ' 'CD-ROM CRD-8322B' '1.02' Removable CD-ROM
    0,1,0 1) *
    0,2,0 2) *
    0,3,0 3) *
    ...

    while

    knoppix$ cdrecord -scanbus
    [...]
    Linux sg driver version: 3.1.25
    Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
    scsibus0:
    0,0,0 0) ' LG ' 'CD-ROM CRD-8322B' '1.02' Removable CD-ROM
    0,1,0 1) 'HL-DT-ST' 'CD-RW GCE-8400B ' '1.02' Removable CD-ROM
    0,2,0 2) *
    0,3,0 3) *
    ...

    I haven't tryed yet if I have the same problems with dhe first drive (which appears in the first list, unlike the second drive).

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Unique to Knoppix Later Versions!(SIS problem!)
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
  2. Wierd Problem With USB Keyboard, Maybe Motherboard Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99