-
Is it possible that knoppix reset my BIOS to PNP=YES?
When I powered up my gentoo system this morning my dual monitors no longer worked because Plug And Play had been reset to YES. Last night I had run the new Knoppix CD. Is it possible that running Knoppix for the first time on this machine caused my BIOS to reset?
Thanks.
PostScript: I haven't been able to reproduce the effect. At least not with the new diskset. I *did* boot yesterday with both the new set and one I got earlier this summer. I'm beginning to think it's not knoppix but gremlins or maybe I'm sleephacking.
Similar Threads
-
By askme in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:47 AM
-
By jgolay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 09:49 PM
-
By transistorman57508 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 04:12 PM
-
By reub2000 in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 10:03 PM
-
By rayman in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$185.00

Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max
$199.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99