-
Junior Member
registered user
A k3b (actually readcd) problem
Hello,
I have noticed that in Knoppix 3.6 k3b uses readcd to generate disc images while in 3.4 it used cdrdao which worked well. But readcd appears not to work on my computer, even called outside K3b
(I guess the change in k3b is not from Knoppix but from KDE - is it so?).
Worse than that, after trying to read some CD, the CD-ROM (0,1,0) turns for long time and the system becomes very slow. If I stop the program (actually by ejecting the CD) nothing else works and there are Bus (or memory?) error messages, actually, I can't shutdown the system properly and need to run fsck.
ATAPI:0,0,0 : LG , CD-ROM CRD-8322B, 1.02
ATAPI:0,1,0 : HL-DT-ST, CD-RW GCE-8400B , 1.02
Running Knoppix from CD from the first drive. I never had similar problems with cdrdao.
Any ideas?
Bye,
Gencho
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS
$349.95