Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: DWL510G KNX3.7

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    38

    DWL510G KNX3.7

    I have a DLINK DWLG510 WIRELESS PCI card that I am trying to make work with Knoppix 3.7. I have the DLINK install disk that has drivers for WIN98/ME NT2000 and WinXP I am using ndiswrapper (it is installed in 3.7) and the WinXp driver. The driver install with ndiswrapper appears to work.
    As a Linux novice I would appreciate some help to get this going.
    I have gone through many HOWTOs but always end up with

    "wlan0 no such device"

    Following is pertinent (incomplete ??) information.

    I am suspicous of some of the data but don't know what to do about this.
    In the lspci output the "Unknown device 3b09"<----- lower case but is 3B09 in the WinXP driver.inf file

    In the /etc/network/interfaces dir there is no reference to wlan0..

    ************* from lspci -vv after boot *********************
    0000:00:09.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Marvell W8300 802.11 Adapter (rev 07)
    Subsystem: D-Link System Inc: Unknown device 3b09
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
    Latency: 32, Cache Line Size: 0x08 (32 bytes)
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10
    Region 0: Memory at dffe0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Region 1: Memory at dffd0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
    Status: D0 PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    65
    I had the same problem.I used "ndiswrapper -i /path/to/your.inf"
    instead of the gui config app and everything works fine now.
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -i /path/to/your.inf
    modprobe ndiswrapper
    wlcardconfig
    netcardconfig
    You ought to be online now.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    38

    DWL510G KNX3.7

    GHAZE

    The LED's are BLINKING....and I'm talking to my AP.....

    The 4 lines of your reply should be attached to every howto in the
    wireless world. Today is the FIRST I've seen the last 2......
    Thanks a lot//

Similar Threads

  1. DWL510G iwconfig
    By GaTk in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 10:09 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 05:33 AM
  3. knx3.4 toHD install boot
    By CrashedAgain in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 04:01 PM
  4. how to upgrade knx3.4 10-05 to 17-05
    By etapombas in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 06:13 AM
  5. Pbm knx3.2 2003/07/26 with sound
    By JoDaY in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 12:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11

$352.73



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99