Subject says it all - I'm trying to get in to Administrator Mode: -
Start
Control Centre
System
Date & Time
Administrator Mode
Help
Ta,
Plip.
Subject says it all - I'm trying to get in to Administrator Mode: -
Start
Control Centre
System
Date & Time
Administrator Mode
Help
Ta,
Plip.
Hi Plip,
there are no passwords, so you cannot log in.
But you can open a root shell in KDE and type kcontrol.
Or change to the text console with Alt-Ctrl-F2 and type passwd. You are asked twice for the new root passwd. With Alt-Ctrl-F5 you come back to KDE.
Ciao Martin
when u get automatic login... by knoppix... go to menu of KNOPPIX... and click ROOT SHELL and update password and save these setting on floppy for future usage of same password... if do want to save... come everytime whenever u needed... change the root password by using ROOT SHELL menu inside KNOPPIX menuOriginally Posted by Plip
Ok how do I save my setting like passwords and stuff to a floppy disk and have it load it up everytime Koppix Loads.Originally Posted by ifhope
hey just go to a shell anyone and type "sudo su"
without the " "
then type "passwd"
type the password u want then your all done
I tried that. In the root shell, when I enter the command passwd open, I get the response User unknown open. Then when I try to enter the password open to go to administrator mode, I get the response that the password is incorrect. Is that because I am running from the cd and not a hard disk?
Found it. The trick is to type just passwd, hit enter and wait for the prompt before entering the new password!

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$300.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$290.24