-
Administrator Mode - what's the Password?
Subject says it all - I'm trying to get in to Administrator Mode: -
Start
Control Centre
System
Date & Time
Administrator Mode
Help 
Ta,
Plip.
-
Hi Plip,
there are no passwords, so you cannot log in
.
But you can open a root shell in KDE and type kcontrol.
Or change to the text console with Alt-Ctrl-F2 and type passwd. You are asked twice for the new root passwd. With Alt-Ctrl-F5 you come back to KDE.
Ciao Martin
-
Re: Administrator Mode - what's the Password?

Originally Posted by
Plip
Subject says it all - I'm trying to get in to Administrator Mode: -
Start
Control Centre
System
Date & Time
Administrator Mode
Help
Ta,
Plip.
when u get automatic login... by knoppix... go to menu of KNOPPIX... and click ROOT SHELL and update password and save these setting on floppy for future usage of same password... if do want to save... come everytime whenever u needed... change the root password by using ROOT SHELL menu inside KNOPPIX menu
-
Re: Administrator Mode - what's the Password?

Originally Posted by
ifhope

Originally Posted by
Plip
Subject says it all - I'm trying to get in to Administrator Mode: -
Start
Control Centre
System
Date & Time
Administrator Mode
Help
Ta,
Plip.
when u get automatic login... by knoppix... go to menu of KNOPPIX... and click ROOT SHELL and update password and save these setting on floppy for future usage of same password... if do want to save... come everytime whenever u needed... change the root password by using ROOT SHELL menu inside KNOPPIX menu
Ok how do I save my setting like passwords and stuff to a floppy disk and have it load it up everytime Koppix Loads.
-
Password
hey just go to a shell anyone and type "sudo su"
without the " "
then type "passwd"
type the password u want then your all done
-
I tried that. In the root shell, when I enter the command passwd open, I get the response User unknown open. Then when I try to enter the password open to go to administrator mode, I get the response that the password is incorrect. Is that because I am running from the cd and not a hard disk?
-
Found it. The trick is to type just passwd, hit enter and wait for the prompt before entering the new password!
Similar Threads
-
By abstar in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 05:34 AM
-
By schock in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 11:35 PM
-
By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 10:16 AM
-
By TGWDNGHN in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 03:33 AM
-
By wcr3d in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2002, 03:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

HP ENVY 16 / 16" 120 hz / i9-13900H / 1TB Storage / RTX 4060
$920.00