For my project I need each cd to have an individual username...but with the following conditions...

1. username must have root home, uid, gid and individual password.
2. the passwd and shadow must be saved in the configs.tbz to avoid remastering the entire clopp and just the final iso.

What I tried so far is opening the passwd and shadow files...copy the root entries and changed the login info to a username...leaving the rest is...and copy the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow into my configs.tbz file so it would overwrite when it boots up...

what I get on next boot is a failure stating an error with root.root not being found or something to that effect...

I'm assuming it has something to do with the boot script knoppix has with setting filenames with the right permissions and such...

I can build a script that will just echo in the info after boot from rc but i wanted to see if anyone else has had any success in this...or am i the ONLY one that requires a username with root credentials?