try use kpackage
![]()
![]()
Hi,
I have been able to install a base system succesfully and have an ext2 filesystem working. However, I havent been able to install debian package. I have copied a debain package but when I run a "dpkg -i " command, the system hangs! Any ideas on how to proceed ?
try use kpackage
![]()
![]()
That didnt help but I finally compiled the right debian image I wanted (with my system specific drivers) on a CD, and then installed debian succesfully. Thanks for the help anyway.
When you say it "hangs", in what way. Are there
any messages generated that might help.
deb packages are about as simple as it gets. As long
as "dpkg/apt" is installed correctly, there
shouldn't be a problem.
jm
Unfortunately there were no error messages I could use. With just the base system installed on my computer, I guess dpkg and apt-get werent working.

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$12.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99