-
Knoppix -> Debian -> MOVE!
So after I've isntalled knoppix to HD, and looked around a bit, I see that the standard (stable) Debian version is Woody (3.something - now a year old) and the upcoming version is Sarge (AKA 'unstable') and there's a further version in the pipeline called Sid.
My LILO boot screen screams 'Sid' at me so I suppose a lot of the packages are from the development stream of Debian, rather than the stable stream.
If I want to move to a particular release of Debian (for stability reasons), which apt-get commands do I issue? And do I have to make changes in the apt/sources.list file to ensure I don't upgrade to something more bleeding edge? I don't like the idea of just running apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade; who knows what I'll be left with.
Regds, RM
Similar Threads
-
By Coorme in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 07:14 AM
-
By bubazoo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 05:19 PM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By Wishmaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:05 PM
-
By Tortoise in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 06:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK hynix 32GB DDR4 2666MHz (2×16GB) PC4-2666V-SE1-11 HMA82GS6JJR8N-VK
$99.99

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$2649.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00

128 gb ddr4 ram 3200 mhz (32x4)-Sold after switching my motherboard
$1000.00