-
Senior Member
registered user
installing knoppix after XP/Win98 partitions - possible?
I have a 40 gig drive partitioned as follows:
1) XP (8 gigs) FAT32
2) Win98 (15 gigs) FAT32
3) linux swap
4) trying to install knoppix
Is it possible to install knoppix to my fourth (EXT2) partition? When I installed v3.4 with knoppix-installer and rebooting, lilo boots into knoppix but I got "Kernel PANIC. attempted to kill init"
I had chosen to install the boot record to the root partition (not MBR) in order to preserve winXP bootup, so I attempted to boot into my HD knoppix by booting off floppy.
Is it necessary to install knoppix to the first partition to get it to work? I wonder if a change to knoppix-installer would get it to work?
Similar Threads
-
By turbine in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 05:02 AM
-
By plzdontspamme in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 05:26 AM
-
By knophead in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 12:26 PM
-
By Calman in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:26 AM
-
By NewbieEd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

20PCS CPU Processor Storage & Shipping Trays – 37.5mm x 37.5mm
$60.00

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99