-
errors after installing limewire
i was pumped to find that limewire installed with apt, however I encountered problems with the post install and I was hoping someone could help me decide what I can do about it. Limewire seems to be working ok, but at the end of every apt transaction I get the following complaints:
Setting up j2re1.4 (1.4.0.99beta-1) ...
update-alternatives: unable to make /usr/lib/mozilla-cvs/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so.dpkg-tmp a symlink to /etc/alternatives/javaplugin_oji-mozilla-cvs.so: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing j2re1.4 (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of limewire:
limewire depends on j2re1.4 | java2-runtime; however:
Package j2re1.4 is not configured yet.
Package java2-runtime is not installed.
Package j2re1.4 which provides java2-runtime is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing limewire (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
j2re1.4
limewire
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
root@helios:/home/helios#
it looks like apt is trying to take care of some unfinished business. I can make it go away by uninstalling limewire but I would really like to know how to fix the problem. this Linux install is worth it. btw: Knoppix 3.6 hd install
thanx
helios
-
Try first with dpkg --configure -a or apt-get -f install
-
Senior Member
registered user
My two cents: don't use apt to install Limewire or, for that matter java runtime. Go to the Sun website and download and install the runtime libraries, then download the Limewire tarball and install it manually.
http://www.java.com/en/download/linux_manual.jsp
http://www.limewire.com/english/cont...loadfree.shtml
-
hey guys...
I think the native install is best. after posting this and before I got a chance to see your responses, I googled the problem again and found that java install with any package manager is problematic...(for definition of problematic, look under "yast".) how anyone ever sold that package manager is beyond me.
Most linux distros have issues with auto configuring jre. go figure. Anyway, am off to get my files and do the bash magic. you guys rock
helios
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2005, 01:17 AM
-
By Rareware in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-03-2005, 10:59 AM
-
By Joelsbass in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 12:37 PM
-
By ruin2it3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 07:30 AM
-
By Calman in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00