-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
bizarro
hmmm...i just ran a test between dd and partimage...
results...
partimage file size: 600mb
dd file size: 800mb
splitting isn't going to be easy on dd but in partimage i see its built in...
maybe i can use that...what do you think?
I think the smaller file size is because partimage knows to ignore data marked as delete. dd makes a bit for bit copy, regardless whether its marked as deleted or now (good for recovering lost data on another PC), its the first program I used to back up my drive, so now I like it better. (Don't know why.) I assume however if you blanked out the free space on the drive then both dd and partimage would be the same size.
If partimage seems to work better for you, go ahead. I have no rational reason for sticking with dd
*edited* I just checked out partimage, its alot better then dd, im going to start playing with it. The only problem I can see is comparing the data with md5.
Similar Threads
-
By Gurgham in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-26-2005, 04:02 AM
-
By bizarro in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 06:06 AM
-
By bizarro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By HK in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 05:34 PM
-
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00