after adding a module, I think you must do (as root)
Code:ldconfig updatedb depmod -a
Good Luck
I'm a student and new to knoppix.
My project is to add a new filesystem based on ext2 to the kernel as a module.
In the file namei.c of the ext2 filesystem I inserted the open_namei system call.
the compilation went OK, but when I tried to run insmod, the following error appeared:
extv.o: extv.o: unresolved symbol open_namei
I understand that I need to add EXPORT_SYMBOL(open_namei); somewhere, but where???
I'm using the Knoppix CD, so I can't change the /usr/src/fs/namei.c (because it's not there, and because the /usr/src is on read-only filesystem...
Thanks in advance,
Shabi
after adding a module, I think you must do (as root)
Code:ldconfig updatedb depmod -a
Good Luck

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Laptop Intel Core i5 7200U 8GB RAM – No HDD
$64.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00
AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00
Intel Xeon E-2478 2.8Ghz 24MB Cache 8 Core FCLGA1700 Server Processor CPU SRMX7
$599.95
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00