-
help needed: adding a new filesystem module
I'm a student and new to knoppix.
My project is to add a new filesystem based on ext2 to the kernel as a module.
In the file namei.c of the ext2 filesystem I inserted the open_namei system call.
the compilation went OK, but when I tried to run insmod, the following error appeared:
extv.o: extv.o: unresolved symbol open_namei
I understand that I need to add EXPORT_SYMBOL(open_namei); somewhere, but where??? 
I'm using the Knoppix CD, so I can't change the /usr/src/fs/namei.c (because it's not there, and because the /usr/src is on read-only filesystem...
Thanks in advance,
Shabi
Similar Threads
-
By opeer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 04:23 PM
-
By apc20 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 01:53 AM
-
By madmadmod in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 05:14 PM
-
By aaru_ali in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 06:54 PM
-
By medwards67 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01