-
Remastering 3.6, failed :(
Hey up guys,
I've created my custom KNOPPIX which I can't wait to try out, its just a simple change but enough to say 'yup, I did that' then afterwards I'm gonna try different changes, make it look sexy of course.. But, i'm having problems creating the ISO!!
I've created the large KNOPPIX file in /mnt/hda3/knx/master/KNOPPIX/ and when i try to create the ISO using the following:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "My Knoppix CD" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda3/knx/myknoppix.iso /mnt/hda3/knx/master
I get a failure, the error is:
mkisofs 2.01a34-unoffical-iconv (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master
Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master/KNOPPIX
Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master/KNOPPIX/images
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!
Anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this? Please 
Thanks,
triG
-
You need to have all the files from the isolinux folder on the knoppix-cd (isolinux.bin) as well as the modified knoppix filesystem image.
-
Remastering a 3.6 Disk with ISOLINUX issues
Greetings.
I too have remastered the large KNOPPIX ISO, and am now somewhat lost, probably with syntax, and probably because I'm being dim, about how to make the disc bootable.
I'm not new to Linux, but am still very much a beginner.
I am using /hda2/cdrom/ as the directory with all of the future CD contents on, but am finding a problem getting it to recognise the isolinux.bin or boot.cat files required to make the CD usable.
My command line reads...
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-move -o /mnt/hda2/remaster/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda2/cdrom/
It simply fails with the same message as Trig without any obvious explanation.
mkisofs 2.01a34-unoffical-iconv (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master
Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master/KNOPPIX
Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master/KNOPPIX/images
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!
The hda2/cdrom/boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin and hda2/cdrom/boot/isolinux/boot.cat are both there, and are also there on the CDROM (KN3.6) from which I booted.
I don't quite understand the reply from kelmo, as the files are always on the CD if you boot from it, and they are also in the /hda2/cdrom/boot/isolinux directory.
Have tried a few changes to point it to the boot.cat on my hda2/cdrom image and this doesn't want to know either.
Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong, and what command I should use? I know this one is easy, but as they say, its only easy once you know how!
Many thanks
Lost-At-Sea!
Similar Threads
-
By MrT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-24-2004, 07:59 AM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By ibm...imsorry in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 03:12 AM
-
By themeddler in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 10:59 PM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

7500Mah Portable Compressed Air Duster Multi Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordles
$56.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26
$49.00

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard
$38.99

95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US
$21.98