For the create_compressed_fs step in remastering Knoppix 3.6 (using an earlier Knoppix installed to disk), I get an error as follows:
framboise:/home/Distrib/Knoppix# create_compressed_fs -b -65536 tmp/OpenVistAVivAVADemo0.1internal.iso >WorkingCD/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
WARNING: Blocksize 4294901760 may be too big for a kmalloc() (262144 max).
Opening input: File too large
The problem is not with the input file - I get the error with a file of 408 bytes as well. I also tried booting Knoppix 3.6 live CD, and get the same error message. I tried a smaller block size, and same result. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Thanx in advance.
-- Bhaskar

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$84.00