Sounds like the CD was not burned properly. You have to burn it as an iso image, not as a data CD. See the FAQ: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloadingOriginally Posted by woodrow
Hi. I'm totally new to Knoppix. I downloaded and burned the Knoppix iso file to a cd. When it boots, it brings me to a dos prompt [Dr-Dos) a:\, but will go no further and doesn't accept any commands other than wwumb which is written in German. What did I do wrong / need to do from here. Thanks.
Sounds like the CD was not burned properly. You have to burn it as an iso image, not as a data CD. See the FAQ: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloadingOriginally Posted by woodrow
Thanks "CrashedAgain" That did the trick!
I should have picked up on that, having already read the FAQ, but, like I said, I'm totally new to all of this. Thanks Again!

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.66