-
Senior Member
registered user
Can't get rid of partition icons on desktop
I had been using knoppix 3.3 on my homebulit 1 Ghz athlon. I recently purchased the linuxtag 3.5 DVD, and installed it to HD. It's great but I have this problem in that I can't stop knoppix from re-installing my hard drive partition icons everytime I re-boot.
I have used the kde control center and the configure desktop menu. I can uncheck "hard drive partitions" both mounted and unmounted but it doesn't matter. When I boot up again all those partitons are back again. The only way I can stop them from loading using the configure desktop tool is by unchecking "show icons on desktop" but then no icons i.e. floppy, cdrom ,ect are available. It's strange because setting up my desktop the way I wanted it in 3.3 worked.
Not for this more recent knoppix it seems.
I am usually running the 2.4.26 kernel. The same thing occurs in the 2.6.6 kernel though.
Similar Threads
-
By michael7 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2005, 05:26 AM
-
By oldgeezer in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By ferreter in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 05:13 PM
-
By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 08:37 AM
-
By skyconcert in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2002, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00