Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Help Please.....

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2

    Help Please.....

    I have tried loading knoppix kde 3.1 numerous times, however I can't get past the a blank screen with a penquin on it. can someone point me in a good direction to get started (consider me a complete idiot.....) thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    hit enter.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    What cheat codes are you using? Have you tried this:

    knoppix <option> <option> noscsi

    When I boot Knoppix I do this:

    knoppix lang=us wheelmouse noscsi nopcmcia

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2
    Hi thereb rickenbacherus. I have tried your suggestion, however all i get is the same black screen with the penquin on it. any further suggestions? I really would like to get this thing cracked. Where can i find out more about these cheat codes?
    Cheers.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee
    Hi thereb rickenbacherus. I have tried your suggestion, however all i get is the same black screen with the penquin on it. any further suggestions? I really would like to get this thing cracked. Where can i find out more about these cheat codes?
    Cheers.
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/
    and
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    If you're still having problems try

    testcd (I think it's fairly self explainatory)

    you could also try

    failsafe

    as it does very little hardware detection. If that doesn't work post some system specs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$12.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01