-
Backup Plan
I have two 16 gb partitions on the same drive. One is my active knoppix system and the other is available for backup. I want to protect my ( at the moment !) working system from my LINUX stupidity by using dd to copy
hdb1 to hdb2. If I boot from a knoppix cd willl
dd if=/dev/hdb1 of=/dev/hdb2
do the job. After I break my working system I plan to boot the cd
and do the dd again
dd if=/dev/hdb2 of=/dev/hdb1
Corrections , suggestions and/or criticisms very welcome
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By emmbec in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 13
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:24 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 10:57 PM
-
By mconzo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 02:09 PM
-
By monkymind in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 04:05 AM
-
By mohater in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Desktop Memory RAM 2x8GB DDR4-3200MHZ
$70.00