-
Backup Plan
I have two 16 gb partitions on the same drive. One is my active knoppix system and the other is available for backup. I want to protect my ( at the moment !) working system from my LINUX stupidity by using dd to copy
hdb1 to hdb2. If I boot from a knoppix cd willl
dd if=/dev/hdb1 of=/dev/hdb2
do the job. After I break my working system I plan to boot the cd
and do the dd again
dd if=/dev/hdb2 of=/dev/hdb1
Corrections , suggestions and/or criticisms very welcome
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By emmbec in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 13
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:24 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 10:57 PM
-
By mconzo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 02:09 PM
-
By monkymind in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 04:05 AM
-
By mohater in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Lot of 10 Cisco CP-8851 5-Line VoIP Business Phone w/ Stand
$249.95

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07