Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Minimum Package Requirements

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1

    Minimum Package Requirements

    I'm interested in burning a Knoppix live CD to use for one or two programs (for now). Because I will probably want to get more programs later, however, I want to have some room left on the CD after initially putting Knoppix on it. This means that I do not want to download and burn all the software that currently comes on the iso image. Along those lines, I have two questions:

    1. Is what I want to do possible?
    2. If it is, what are the essential packages that I should look into downloading in order to get Knoppix to work correctly?

    More information: My current OS is Windows XP with the NTFS file system. I don't want to install Knoppix on the HD; I want to run it off of the CD.

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    111
    1) YES. It is possible to modify what progams that are on the live cd.
    Look up remastering in the docs here on this site.
    Its a bit of work.

    Why not just create a home folder for knoppix and install those extra programs there?

    2)
    I cant tell what the essential packages are as that depends on what programs you need.
    But you can remaster a 3.6 and just remove the office packages and there should be room for your programs.

    Tips:
    Since remastering needs a free partition, I suggest you download Virtual PC trial from MS and use its virtual hd for the remastering.

Similar Threads

  1. Minimum Requirements for Laptops
    By pstroka_taran in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 06:42 AM
  2. Minimum package list for KNOPPIX?
    By Steve F in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 10:52 PM
  3. Installation requirements not met
    By anandfan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 05:44 AM
  4. knoppix--> someone pls gimme min. sys. requirements
    By tuxcrazy in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 06:12 PM
  5. Hardware requirements
    By srinivasan in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 02:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs picture

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs

$149.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 400 Computer System  console with Power Supply TESTED and Working picture

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working

$150.00