Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Driver Problem with WMP54G ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    3

    Driver Problem with WMP54G ?

    I am using a WMP54G, Knoppix 3.6 and Ndiswrapper.
    An actual driver from Linksys for the PCI card was loaded.
    iwlist wlan0 scanning works fine and I see my WRT54G Gateway with the essid "myname"

    BUT iwconfig wlan0 essid "myname" followed by a iwconfig wlan0 shows, that the essid was NOT modified but remains "".
    All other paramerter (keys, mode, encryption, etc.) can be modified without problems.

    pump -i wlan0 -s leads to operation failed. The same happens with netcardconfig.

    With Win2k everything is ok.

    How can I resolve the problem?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    11
    I played with the same configuration a few day ago too.
    I have succesfully iwlist and iwconfig wlan0 essid "my_favorit_essid"
    and iwconfig shows me that I am connected, I can successfully pump -i wlan0,
    BUT I cannot ping. I don't undestand that.
    It seems that You are not connected to Your AP, iwconfig shows essid only when You are connected to the AP, so I guess You are not.
    Try to write again iwconfig wlan0 essid "xxxxxx" or You can
    use iwconfig wlan0 AP "mac adress of Your AP". Probably You may have a bad signal, so sometimes You cannot connect on first try ....
    Good Luck, please give me an info If You will have a success .... because I haven't .....

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    3
    Unfortunately iwconfig wlan0 AP "mac adress of Your AP" does not work either. (value does not change)

    iwlist wlan0 scanning shows the signal strength and when I place the AP very close to the PCI card the signal is strong enough.

    A bit strange is the fact that iwconfig wlan0 sens -60 results in "invalid argument" and the current thershold value of signal is -10 (extrmely high). However the AP next to the antenna gives -2 dBm (?) but essid cannot be changed neither ap.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    11
    Do Your AP used some crypto like WEP or WPA ? I guess WMP54G haven't WPA support .... Oh, I can see it works in Win !
    I have make successfully connection using driverloader, but this sw cost money. You can download driverloader and get a trial licence and may be You will be satisfy. It makes me mad that when I use ndisowrapper I can see nothing in wavemon, but when I try driverloader wavemon works fine .

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    3

    Problems solved!

    Now I am using Knoppix 3.8 and after apt-get update / upgrade
    the Linksys WLAN WMP54G works fine!

    Best Regards!

Similar Threads

  1. ITE8212 Driver Problem
    By kelman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 02:36 AM
  2. Video driver problem on very old pc
    By obsoleto in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:21 PM
  3. Knoppix 3.6 and WMP54G wifi by ndiswrapper
    By tlamik in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 05:56 PM
  4. Problem with e1000.o driver
    By Craig Caughlin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 03:41 PM
  5. Network driver problem
    By manolo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 11:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite *Cracked* 64GB Wi-Fi  w/ Stylus picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite *Cracked* 64GB Wi-Fi w/ Stylus

$50.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5 Screen 128GB Storage and a Samsung KEY BOARD picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5 Screen 128GB Storage and a Samsung KEY BOARD

$150.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77