-
questions
1. will knoppix run along side windows xp when it is on my hard drive
2. where can I download knoppix
3. is it good for programming
sor if this has been asked a million times, I am new to linux.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yes it can. I had it on a different partition with xp on the other. I say had because I hd installed kanotix over it. Now I have xp, Me, red hat, and kanotix booting.
You can dowload it here: http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html
It is excellent for programming.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: questions

Originally Posted by
c_programmer
3. is it good for programming
Knoppix comes with a lot of installed programs that will take care of almost all your programming needs. Chances are unless you useing some very obsure language or library knoppix will have what you need.
-
which one do I download? (I am on the claforina mirror)
-
I downloaded knopix 3.3-2004-blablabla.iso, where di I put the file?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Burn the image to a cd. I first used Burn cdcc to burn my image (which is freeware)but you can get a better burner for iso's which you can get from here:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/deepburner.html
You have to burn it as an image with software that allows you to choose iso image. Try that image burner and see if it works for you. Let me know. You cannot burn it as files like a regular cd because it will not work.
-

Originally Posted by
c_programmer
I downloaded knopix 3.3-2004-blablabla.iso, where di I put the file?
I didn't think they carried 3.3 anymore, typo?
I would have chosen this one KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso
-
yes, type, I have 3.6. I am assuming that burning a cd image to a cd is different than sending to drive e:\ . what I really want to do is keep it on my hard drive, is there a way to do that?
-

Originally Posted by
c_programmer
yes, type, I have 3.6. I am assuming that burning a cd image to a cd is different than sending to drive e:\ .
You have to burn it as an image, not a datacd http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm
what I really want to do is keep it on my hard drive, is there a way to do that?
Sure, click the Docs tab at the top of the page and have a look around at least at these:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdBasedHowTo
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/PoorMansInstall
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdInstallHowTo
-
I used nero to copy a cd image, it started to beet then game me an error and left me in the shell. it said something about not being able to find data image?
Similar Threads
-
By NitroSpazzz in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 04:20 PM
-
By kn2user in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 08:30 PM
-
By Liquidant in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:28 PM
-
By jshah329 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 12:43 AM
-
By schunn99 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99

Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air
$419.59

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015
$26.98

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718
$22.00

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05

apple oem cube 5w charger
$6.99