Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Cannot view my HD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1

    Cannot view my HD

    I'm very new to Knoppix and Linux as a whole. I need some assistance from all you gurus out there if you're willing to give it. I'm running Knoppix 3.3 at the moment, and whenever I go to view my hard drive, everything just locks up and I cannot move my mouse or anything.

    Please can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260

    Re: Cannot view my HD

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebulba
    I'm running Knoppix 3.3 at the moment, and whenever I go to view my hard drive, everything just locks up and I cannot move my mouse or anything.
    This could be a x configuration problem.
    By "view my hard drive" I presume you mean that you are clicking a desktop icon. Does this "freeze" happen if you try to open any other desktop icon?

    More info about your hardware might help. Also is knoppix installed to hard drive or running from cd?

Similar Threads

  1. Using Knoppix to view web pages
    By reyn in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 02:56 AM
  2. How to view installed man pages?
    By drews in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 09:59 AM
  3. USB View
    By TheCyberDude in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 06:39 AM
  4. How do you view images in Knoppix
    By knoppixnewbie in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 05:58 AM
  5. How can I view contents of config.tbz?
    By pelican in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$90.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00