Quote Originally Posted by neomorph
I currently have Windows XP, Windows 98 and Redhat9.0 on separate partitions and everything seems to be fine...No since I downloaded Knoppix today and found it a lot better than Red Hat..I want to install Knoppix over Red Hat...Is that possible? or is knoppix better off as a live version(boot from cd). ..
IMHO you'd better format Linux partitions before installing Knoppix over RedHat (backup data first, of course ); if you do it right on the spot, you're likely to get a hell of a mess in common paths (e.g. /usr, /var, /root and so on).
If you already have separate partitions for /home and data files other than /usr, /var, /root, etc., it should be quite easy. Pay attention: being able to install Knoppix replacing RedHat, and preferring the former to the latter aren't just the same. What's best for you is up to your needs. I, for instance, decided for Knoppix (and Kanotix later on, since it's more "Debian-able") on my PC at home, but it could be a different issue for you. My advice: use Knoppix from CD for a while, make up your mind and decide taking it easy: you're not in a hurry, aren't you?