Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Lilo doesn't install.

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    39

    Lilo doesn't install.

    Hi, well the title of my post says it all really. I would like lilo to install, but when the install process completes and it says lilo has been installed... Well quite simply, it hasn't. The only way to start knoppix is with a boot floppy.

    Also I am seriously missing a hardware configuration utility like Mandrake's 'hardrake', is there a debian equivalent of this I could use?

    Q

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    What version of Knoppix are you using? There were a few versions of knx-hdinstall where lilo config was broken. I'm sure it works on the 1-20 release. I suspect that it hasn't changed on the lastest slew of releases.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    39
    I'm using 3.2... Isn't there some way to instal/configure lilo via the command line?

    Q

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Are you familiar with linux command line stuff?

    or have you just used linux graphical frontends?

    with knoppix you'll need to do some manual configuration, ie. editing as root

    Give us some info about your system so we can help you get it going

    rock

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    39
    So long as the instructions are clear I dont have a problem with the command line.

    I'm not certain if it significant - although I guess if I were using SSCI or something it might be, but in any case here is my configuration:

    Asus A7M 266-D motherboard
    1024 MB DDR PC2100
    Dual 2x Athlon XP 2600 CPUs,
    460 GB HDD (4 x120 with 1 external USB 2)
    Pioneer DVD-R 104
    Radeon 9700 pro
    Lite on 48 x 12x48
    Audigy Sound card

    And erm... probably some other stuff II've forgotten about.

    I am not using raid on this system - though some people have said I should, although as I understand it all your HDD have to be the same brand, which mine are not. Maybe this could be useful if you can spot anything that might not work with Knoppix, although the LiveCD version just about detected and set up everything perfectly. (Its a pity the HDD install isn't so impressive in the way it sets up one's hardware).

    Q

Similar Threads

  1. Install without LILO?
    By WilyPython in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 09:03 PM
  2. LILO fails on HD install
    By bazfum in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 09:04 PM
  3. Bug in 3.4 hdd install lilo menu
    By master_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 11:10 PM
  4. LILO install
    By Slimer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 04:54 PM
  5. Lilo install to MBR fails
    By devilotx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple Macintosh Computer Travel Bag Tote Shoulder Side Bag with Strap picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Computer Travel Bag Tote Shoulder Side Bag with Strap

$125.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064 picture

Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064

$199.99



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



11 Vintage Apple 3.5

11 Vintage Apple 3.5" Floppy Disc Label

$10.00



Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple picture

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple

$60.00



Apple Computer cards  Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++  Vintage 1980's picture

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's

$169.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested* picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested*

$69.99