Hello,
I created my own sarge-version (base-system + kde) that I copied to /mnt/knx/KNOPPIX. When I start my normal sarge and then chroot to /mnt/knx/KNOPPIX and type "startx", it works, but when I try the final myknoppix.iso-file with qemu, I get the message:
"modprobe: /lib/modules/2.4.27/module.dep: no such file".
It's quite normal because I started with 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel from woody that I upgraded to sarge. I tried to install 2.4.27 kernel, but there are only kernels like 2.4.27-1-k7 or with other extensions.
Anyway I would like to install the latest 2.6 kernel. How can I tell Knoppix to use the kernel I want ? I did not understand how Knoppix manages the kernel. In /boot I only find vmlinuz, but no kernel-image, even after installing 2.4.27-1-k7.
thanks a lot for help
Klaus![]()

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$250.00