-
Shutdown.ogg and cutoff of "the fair lady's message&quo
Hi there,
I have done the HDD install once again.
I got the startup/shutdown.ogg to work, but it is cut off at shut down. I used the control centre, and put the startup and shutdown .ogg files in the system notifications. I also ticked aRTs at startup.
I know there is another way to do this using the SysV-init editor, which doews not cutt off any of the fair lady's shutdown message, but i cannot remember how to do so. I was told many moons ago how so . The author of the reply message also replied with "you sir, are a sick man" for wanting the startup and shutdown voice to work again.
Taa in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By ihcnut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 06:57 AM
-
By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99