Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: squashfs -o loop error

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    squashfs -o loop error

    I'm trying the squasfs compression on knoppix.
    I modify the kernel, and told to sqfs compile inside the kernel; I recompiled the kernel and change it.
    Also, I have changed /knxmaster/vmlinuz (linux24) and I have created a squashfs image.
    But, when I boot, it tells me:
    "mount: unknown option 'loop' ignored"

    I try to mount -o loop /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX /cdrom, and it tells me the same error.
    Plz, any idea

    Tnx

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    70
    I think your /etc/fstab file needs to be changed. I don't know what the file system type is for squashfs but loop is an existing type that is not squashfs (I think). When you enter mount -t type dev mnt, what does type need to be for squashfs?

  3. #3

    re

    In a little part you have reazon, Steve. When I install the compiled kernel, it needed a fstab file. Because I was in knxsource, I don't have it, and I built a fake fstab. Finishing I don't remember to remove it.
    (now it's removed)
    to be a squashfs type on mount, is mount -t squashfs -o loop ........
    but, it tells me the same error.

    "mount: unknown option 'loop' ignored"

    Tnx

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Maybe you'd like to try to remaster Kanotix instead? It already has both cloop & squashfs compiled in. Bug Hunter 09 is in fact compressed w/ squashfs. It is very simple to remaster Kanotix.

  5. #5

    re

    Kanotix, wait me, I'm Coming!!!




    Thanx!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    The statically compiled ash shell that is used by the knoppix miniroot cannot handle the -o loop option with mount.

  7. #7

    RE

    So,
    what can I compile ash shell, enabling -o loop command?

    Tnx

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    Maybe, I use a static busybox, which includes the ash shell.

Similar Threads

  1. cloop sucks, squashfs rocks
    By martinwguy in forum Ideas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 03:14 AM
  2. how to mount a loop?
    By ddrex in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 05:41 AM
  3. remaster knoppix with squashfs
    By wangji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 09:14 AM
  4. 3.3 9/2/04 kdm/kde login loop
    By johnhedge in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 03:18 AM
  5. loop mount error
    By narendar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key picture

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key

$829.99



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00