I think your /etc/fstab file needs to be changed. I don't know what the file system type is for squashfs but loop is an existing type that is not squashfs (I think). When you enter mount -t type dev mnt, what does type need to be for squashfs?
I'm trying the squasfs compression on knoppix.
I modify the kernel, and told to sqfs compile inside the kernel; I recompiled the kernel and change it.
Also, I have changed /knxmaster/vmlinuz (linux24) and I have created a squashfs image.
But, when I boot, it tells me:
"mount: unknown option 'loop' ignored"
I try to mount -o loop /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX /cdrom, and it tells me the same error.
Plz, any idea
Tnx
I think your /etc/fstab file needs to be changed. I don't know what the file system type is for squashfs but loop is an existing type that is not squashfs (I think). When you enter mount -t type dev mnt, what does type need to be for squashfs?
In a little part you have reazon, Steve. When I install the compiled kernel, it needed a fstab file. Because I was in knxsource, I don't have it, and I built a fake fstab. Finishing I don't remember to remove it.![]()
(now it's removed)
to be a squashfs type on mount, is mount -t squashfs -o loop ........
but, it tells me the same error.
"mount: unknown option 'loop' ignored"
Tnx
Maybe you'd like to try to remaster Kanotix instead? It already has both cloop & squashfs compiled in. Bug Hunter 09 is in fact compressed w/ squashfs. It is very simple to remaster Kanotix.
Kanotix, wait me, I'm Coming!!!![]()
![]()
Thanx!
The statically compiled ash shell that is used by the knoppix miniroot cannot handle the -o loop option with mount.
So,
what can I compile ash shell, enabling -o loop command?
Tnx
Maybe, I use a static busybox, which includes the ash shell.

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB
$49.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Toshiba T3400CT Mini Laptop 486SX-33, 4MB **NO POST, Bad Screen, AS-IS
$75.00
Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS
$59.99
Vintage Dysan 100 MD2HD 5.25” Floppy Disks 10 Pack Sealed Double Sided HD | IBM
$38.00
Vintage Apple Kensington SaddleBag Convertible Laptop Backpack Messenger Bag Y2K
$49.95
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37