makes a screenfull inetconnection monitor on tty10 (Alt-F10 on the CLI, Ctrl-alt-F10 in X11-mode; get back to X11 with Alt-F7).Code:pppstatus -d 10
For X11, a tool like allin1 might be better suited.
Hiho,
after HD-installing knoppix on my girlfriends pc and hoping she'd like it for losing all that worms, viruses and stuff like that I configured the dsl account. visudo for pon and poff.. everything working perfectly.
BUT since she doesn't have a flatrate it would be really nice to see if she was online or not. Just like in windows kind of a button on the task bar.
Anyone an idea?
Thanks a lot and greetings from Hamburg,
Wonko.
args: another thing just for fun: why does the pon command linked to a kde-button cause the mousepointer to go in "wait-mode" so long? Like a program that hangs. But if enable the "execute in shell" button the "pon shell" pops ups, starts pon and exits wihtout any waiting-mous-pointer..? Strange to me but surely not to all of you ..![]()
makes a screenfull inetconnection monitor on tty10 (Alt-F10 on the CLI, Ctrl-alt-F10 in X11-mode; get back to X11 with Alt-F7).Code:pppstatus -d 10
For X11, a tool like allin1 might be better suited.
Use knemo, very nice utility that resides in taskbar.
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=12956
or you could just : apt-get install knemo
![]()
![]()
hey.. thanks.. i'll try them..
Wonko.
On the same topic: I am experiencing a strange behavior. I am running Knoppix 3.6, and I configured correctly my ADSL connection via the apposite tool. This, at the end of the process, firstly asks me if I want to start automatically the connection every time the computers starts (and I obviously say it yes), then it informs me that to start the connection I have to type "pon dsl-provider" and "poff" to drop it.
Well... unfortunately when my computer starts, the ADSL connection does not bring up, neither issuing the pon command takes effect. The only way to start the connection is to reconfigure again the ADSL...
What am I doing wrong?

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76
ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99