-
DSL on or off?
Hiho,
after HD-installing knoppix on my girlfriends pc and hoping she'd like it for losing all that worms, viruses and stuff like that I configured the dsl account. visudo for pon and poff.. everything working perfectly.
BUT since she doesn't have a flatrate it would be really nice to see if she was online or not. Just like in windows kind of a button on the task bar.
Anyone an idea?
Thanks a lot and greetings from Hamburg,
Wonko.
args: another thing just for fun: why does the pon command linked to a kde-button cause the mousepointer to go in "wait-mode" so long? Like a program that hangs. But if enable the "execute in shell" button the "pon shell" pops ups, starts pon and exits wihtout any waiting-mous-pointer..? Strange to me but surely not to all of you ..
-
Senior Member
registered user
makes a screenfull inetconnection monitor on tty10 (Alt-F10 on the CLI, Ctrl-alt-F10 in X11-mode; get back to X11 with Alt-F7).
For X11, a tool like allin1 might be better suited.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Use knemo, very nice utility that resides in taskbar.
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=12956
or you could just : apt-get install knemo
-
hey.. thanks.. i'll try them.. 
Wonko.
-
Junior Member
registered user
On the same topic: I am experiencing a strange behavior. I am running Knoppix 3.6, and I configured correctly my ADSL connection via the apposite tool. This, at the end of the process, firstly asks me if I want to start automatically the connection every time the computers starts (and I obviously say it yes), then it informs me that to start the connection I have to type "pon dsl-provider" and "poff" to drop it.
Well... unfortunately when my computer starts, the ADSL connection does not bring up, neither issuing the pon command takes effect. The only way to start the connection is to reconfigure again the ADSL...
What am I doing wrong?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15