I've tried using "knoppix init=/static/ash" and "knoppix init=/static/init" but I still have the same problem.
I am trying to make a version of knoppix with a custom kernel. I am following the Knoppix Custom Kernel HowTo. I recompiled cloop.o but did not at frist recompile ash-knoppix (the howto said I might have to) but when I try to boot I get this error
I am assuming this is because I did not recompile ash-knoppix (because it is statically linked with modprobe and init, or something like that) but I am unable to find information on how to compile ash-knoppix_0.2-3. just doing a make in my chrooted environment or not gives me this error (last ten lines of output)Code:Uncmpressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel. Kmod : failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2 Kernel panic : No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel
I used the .config file that was in the /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-xfs folder ond took out two modules that I was having trouble compileing (DRI support for i830 chipset and Fusion MPT something or other support) as well as not having the xfs patch applied. I also removed the scsi modules from the miniroot and modified the linuxrc accordingly. To make sure that it wasn't because of that I used the original miniroot but had the same problem.Code:modutils-2.4.15/insmod/insmod.c:1984: `m_addr' undeclared (first use in this function) modutils-2.4.15/insmod/insmod.c:2022: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type modutils-2.4.15/insmod/insmod.c:2024: field `m' has incomplete type modutils-2.4.15/insmod/insmod.c:2029: sizeof applied to an incomplete type modutils-2.4.15/insmod/insmod.c:2046: warning: passing arg 1 of `add_archdata' from incompatible pointer type modutils-2.4.15/insmod/insmod.c:2046: warning: passing arg 2 of `add_archdata' from incompatible pointer type modutils-2.4.15/insmod/insmod.c:2050: warning: passing arg 1 of `add_kallsyms' from incompatible pointer type modutils-2.4.15/insmod/insmod.c:2050: warning: passing arg 2 of `add_kallsyms' from incompatible pointer type modutils-2.4.15/insmod/insmod.c:2059: warning: passing arg 2 of `init_module' from incompatible pointer type make: *** [modutils-2.4.15/insmod/insmod.o] Error 1
Any wisdom you could share on my situation would be mutch apreciated.
I've tried using "knoppix init=/static/ash" and "knoppix init=/static/init" but I still have the same problem.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99