-
Samsung X30 - Wide XGA Display
Hello everybody,
at first I have to say, that I'm very new to Knoppix and all things about Linux.
I'm using a notebook Samsung X30 with Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200 (64MB) and a 15,4" TFT Display with a max. resolution of 1280x800@60Hz - how can I get this running using Knoppix 3.6 (boot from CD)
thx for any hint and tip,
Andrew.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Well, I have the exact same problem. I just got a Gateway MX3410 that has a nVidia GeForce Go 6100 video chip (part of the nVidia chipset) and i just can't make it work at 1280x800 @ 60 Hz. I tried a modeline I found on the net (Modeline "1280x800" 83.46 1280 1344 1480 1680 800 801 804 82
but it still does not work ...
-
Senior Member
registered user
andreas2000:
I would suggest usuing a newer version of Knoppix. The version you are using might well be older than the hardware you are attempting to use it on. I would suggest either versions 4.0.2 or 5.0.1. Try that and see if you have better results. There should be better hardware support for you in the later versions.
Look at the Documemtation link at the top of the page. Go there and select the section on Cheat Codes. Read it and see what they are all about. They are entered at the "boot:" prompt when Knoppix is starting up. You may have to try some that will help configure your video/graphics adaptor. Some resolutions just may not be supported.
The primary difference concerning video between V4 and V5 is that 4.0.2. uses Xfree86 and V 5.0.1 uses Xorg V7.0. There are differences between the two and some systems may do better with one or the other. Laptops with odd screen configurations are sometimes difficult to resolve.
Similar Threads
-
By noisefloor in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 02:02 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:08 PM
-
By bernd_b in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 12:20 PM
-
By raven in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 08:46 PM
-
By acidtuch10 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 12:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)
$49.95

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$399.99