Quote Originally Posted by syco
It will not pull an ip address from the dhcp server and i even did that network thing were it broadcast for a dhcp server?
i am using the built in dhcp that comes with my router. Red Hat and windows gets an ip but i can't get one for knoppix.
Can someone please help me?
More info needed. Can you manually set an IP address (netcardconfig) and then ping the router? From what little information you give this might be a DHCP issue, but it might be an issue of problems with the NIC (I've posted a couple of other threads here about NICs that did work just fine with Knoppix, but stopped working after running a Windows "secirity update".)

If you can ping the router, what brand is it? I've had Knoppix work just fine with DHCP and several brands of routers (Linksys, SMC, dLink and Netgear), but I've seen problems with a Belkin, which just doesn't seem to do DHCP quite right.