Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Building minirt24.gz help

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1

    Building minirt24.gz help

    Hi,

    I would like to build a new Live CD using the 3.6 Knoppix with some additional software and drivers. I have the kernel and modules (pcmcia-cs, etc.) built. I then copied the new bzImage to linux24 in the /boot directory and then used remaster scripts to create a new image file.

    However, when I boot off of the resulting CD, it gets to the boot screen (after the initial splash), loads the penguin icon and prints out the "Welcome to Knoppix Live CD" message and that's it.

    I'm assuming there's something missing from the minirt24.gz file, but I'm not sure what. I've unzipped and mounted the file and looked around - mostly it seems to be a bunch of sym links back to the distro.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: Building minirt24.gz help

    Quote Originally Posted by netgirl
    Hi,

    I would like to build a new Live CD using the 3.6 Knoppix with some additional software and drivers. I have the kernel and modules (pcmcia-cs, etc.) built. I then copied the new bzImage to linux24 in the /boot directory and then used remaster scripts to create a new image file.

    However, when I boot off of the resulting CD, it gets to the boot screen (after the initial splash), loads the penguin icon and prints out the "Welcome to Knoppix Live CD" message and that's it.

    I'm assuming there's something missing from the minirt24.gz file, but I'm not sure what. I've unzipped and mounted the file and looked around - mostly it seems to be a bunch of sym links back to the distro.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
    Try doing a side by side comparison to the orignal. Since it stopeed there my guess is that it doesn't know to search for the cd.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    22

    linuxrc is file to look, understand and edit

    within that gz file

    linuxrc is file to look, understand and edit

    hope this helps

Similar Threads

  1. minirt24.gz
    By ilovelinux98 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 10:25 AM
  2. minirt24 drove me crazy :-(
    By jackiechen858 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 11:13 PM
  3. Building Knoppix-like CD
    By oldmarti in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 11:01 AM
  4. building custom kernel 2.4.20
    By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 03:27 PM
  5. apt-get building maaany locales...
    By maltta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB,  (4) HDD,  EXCELLENT COND. picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.

$625.00



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$187.50