I know it is possible. Mandrake has it and I don't think it is a mandrake additional but a lilo option. Yes, I hate this red text screen to. text is for the ice ages.
I would just like to know if I can have a splash screen when I use LILO!![]()
Is this possible???? I think that you can do it using Grub!
I am running Knoppix 3.1 on the HDD and XP also..
I really like KNOPPIX but I would like to know how to add a splash screen...
OR am I just going to have to make some stupid text file that has little drawings...??????![]()
I know it is possible. Mandrake has it and I don't think it is a mandrake additional but a lilo option. Yes, I hate this red text screen to. text is for the ice ages.
Text at boot is for the ice ages..... ok.....
And there goes your knowledge about anything the kernel is doing...
And there goes your knowledge about anything that could go wrong....
Text at boot probably SHOULD be ice age by now, but untill linux runs fluently, without EVER causing a problem, it is just necessary i guess....
The Mandrake splash screen gives you all that, it just shows the messages in a nice graphical window.Originally Posted by MichielioZ
At a price- Mandrake boots much slower than Debian (at least on my machine it does).The Mandrake splash screen gives you all that, it just shows the messages in a nice graphical window.
Did on mine too until I trashed it for Knoppix, boots much faster now and I don't have to run sndconfig every two days to keep sound settings now either.
Knoppix runs flawlessly for me personally. I seems to me that each system has a distro that was meant to be operating it and I think I have found that distro. oh sure I'd like to try them all eventually - that is of course what multiple booting is for. I don't have a "pretty" splash screen but I do have a pretty cool LILO menu from which to select my OS. (although I hardly ever see it- maybe once a week at most and that's to boot another OS not because of a crash).
At any rate - it's animated w/ nice graphics- it's got penguins in hats- it's cool.
Is it not possible to remake your mbr and use Grub instead on LILO? Has anyone here done this after intalling knoppix in a mulitboot env? BTW I love knoppix for the same reasons everyone does, it works flawlessly for me! running the latest (until tomorrow probably) release v3.2 03-24. I love the new KDE eye candy!![]()
Regards,
-Erik
Sure - why not?Originally Posted by Eride
of course u can make splash screen in lilo
it is simple just read the manual for lilo and liloconfing.
or when u run lilo from console it tells u how to use new graphic lilo.
u have to add to etc/lilo.conf some lines, the example is in usr/share/doc/lilo/.. and the bitmaps are in usr/share/lilo/contrib/.. or something like that.
it is simple belive me![]()

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99