Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: LILO Splash screen?????

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    21

    LILO Splash screen?????

    I would just like to know if I can have a splash screen when I use LILO!
    Is this possible???? I think that you can do it using Grub!
    I am running Knoppix 3.1 on the HDD and XP also..
    I really like KNOPPIX but I would like to know how to add a splash screen...
    OR am I just going to have to make some stupid text file that has little drawings...??????

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Northridge, California
    Posts
    48

    It is possible!

    I know it is possible. Mandrake has it and I don't think it is a mandrake additional but a lilo option. Yes, I hate this red text screen to. text is for the ice ages.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    78
    Text at boot is for the ice ages..... ok.....
    And there goes your knowledge about anything the kernel is doing...
    And there goes your knowledge about anything that could go wrong....

    Text at boot probably SHOULD be ice age by now, but untill linux runs fluently, without EVER causing a problem, it is just necessary i guess....

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by MichielioZ
    And there goes your knowledge about anything the kernel is doing...
    And there goes your knowledge about anything that could go wrong....
    The Mandrake splash screen gives you all that, it just shows the messages in a nice graphical window.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    The Mandrake splash screen gives you all that, it just shows the messages in a nice graphical window.
    At a price- Mandrake boots much slower than Debian (at least on my machine it does).

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Did on mine too until I trashed it for Knoppix, boots much faster now and I don't have to run sndconfig every two days to keep sound settings now either .

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Knoppix runs flawlessly for me personally. I seems to me that each system has a distro that was meant to be operating it and I think I have found that distro. oh sure I'd like to try them all eventually - that is of course what multiple booting is for. I don't have a "pretty" splash screen but I do have a pretty cool LILO menu from which to select my OS. (although I hardly ever see it- maybe once a week at most and that's to boot another OS not because of a crash).

    At any rate - it's animated w/ nice graphics- it's got penguins in hats- it's cool.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3

    Grup

    Is it not possible to remake your mbr and use Grub instead on LILO? Has anyone here done this after intalling knoppix in a mulitboot env? BTW I love knoppix for the same reasons everyone does, it works flawlessly for me! running the latest (until tomorrow probably) release v3.2 03-24. I love the new KDE eye candy!

    Regards,

    -Erik

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Grup

    Quote Originally Posted by Eride
    Is it not possible to remake your mbr and use Grub instead on LILO
    Regards,

    -Erik
    Sure - why not?

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Capitol of Poland
    Posts
    2
    of course u can make splash screen in lilo
    it is simple just read the manual for lilo and liloconfing.
    or when u run lilo from console it tells u how to use new graphic lilo.
    u have to add to etc/lilo.conf some lines, the example is in usr/share/doc/lilo/.. and the bitmaps are in usr/share/lilo/contrib/.. or something like that.
    it is simple belive me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KDE Loading Splash screen
    By Nikolay in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:22 PM
  2. lilo splash screen
    By spiff1281 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 10:33 AM
  3. Logo, splash screen or wallpaper needed?
    By kwiat in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 06:47 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2003, 07:56 PM
  5. Nvidia splash screen, now what?
    By dave52355 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 02:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM picture

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM

$19.99



Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A picture

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A

$89.95



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



Corsair G.SKILL Trident Z Vengeance RGB Pro - DDR4 - 2x16 GB  picture

Corsair G.SKILL Trident Z Vengeance RGB Pro - DDR4 - 2x16 GB

$234.99