Quote Originally Posted by futfutfut
Guarddog firewall ... It gives me a "true stealth rating" at the grc shields up page-
I agree, I have the hard drive install, and GuardDog works perfectly... Not only does it, also, give me a complete "stealth" reading from the Gibson Research Web Site, but it was very easy to setup, considering I never worked with a firewall before Linux... The help is easy to read, simple for those who need it, but has the complexity for those who "know what they are doing" already.

As for the "being root" when you set it up, not that hard, mine just realizes that my "user" is not root, and asks for the "Administrator" password... So you want to have ( at least ) a root password set up to be able to enter it to make the config changes.

As for ease of use, after installing GuardDog, then running the configs, I never had to go back to it... It is truely, "set it and forget it" - half the time, I never know its running, and if it didnt say "starting GuardDog" at the boot, I'd never think it was running.