-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Konqeror and SMB
Since Knoppix touches the "unstable" parts of the Debian archives, something probably broke. 
My advice is to keep at least 1 old .iso rev around for just these types of contingencies. Then you download the latest rev when it comes out, and see if the problem was fixed.
Alternatively, install to HD - and use apt-get update, apt-get upgrade to get the latest stuff without having to wait.
Knoppix is an interesting mix, BTW. I have to use ' apt-get install gaim/unstable ' for IM to work, and ' apt-get install ntop/stable ' for network monitoring to work. (shrug) Knoppix is still the coolest thing I've ever seen. 

Originally Posted by
Gene Simmons
I'm having dificulty as of the 03/23/2003 release with using the smb prefix in konqeror. I can mount network shares fine using the comand line, so samba apears to be working. But I can no longer browse or connect to shares using Konqeror. I recieve an error to the effect of : Error loading kio_smb.
I could and still can browse if I use the 03/21/2003 release. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

DELL POWEREDGE FC640 Server FHH8V W/×2 Intel Xeon Gold 6142,0KHKN5. *READ⬇*
$130.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08