The resolv.conf file (chrooted stage), can't be a symlink.
Remove the file, and copy it from /etc/dhcpc/ to /etc
Good Luck
This isn't exactly about remastering, in fact it isn't exactly about Knoppix (it's knoppix-std) but I was messing around with the knoppix source files (chrooted stage) and now I can't access the internet. I was doing a lot of messing around with mounting different parts of the filesystem (with --bind) such as /etc /proc and the internet was working on the knoppix chroot last night but this morning it wasn't. I've resarted few times and rebooted my modem (cable modem), checked proc mount and nameservers in resolv.conf argh! Thought someone here might be able to help.
Thanks, Dom.
The resolv.conf file (chrooted stage), can't be a symlink.
Remove the file, and copy it from /etc/dhcpc/ to /etc
Good Luck
Seems my problem is bigger than I initially thought, in case it wasn't clear from my scatty post the internet that isn't working is on my normal root not chroot, but anyway I have some permission problems - even root can't access some of the files in /etc, ls gives this error:
ls: *: Permission denied
where * is mutt, dhcpc, nail.rc, dhcp.conf, yp.conf.sv, ntp.conf.sv, inetd.conf, lftp.conf
(don't know how to copy from aterm)
I've asked this question on LQ as well but any help here would be appreciated.
Thanks.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST
$159.99